Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Off The Shelf #1: Welcome!

Hey, everyone! Welcome to my grand opening of my new blog, The Giant Pencil!

For those of you who a here from my old blog, Emma Reader's Blog, things are pretty similar here. For those of you who are new, hi! I'm Emma! I blog about books mostly, but I'll post a completely random post from time to time.

I'm totally bombing this introduction.

Anyway, here are a few things you should know.


  1. I have transferred all of my book blogs from my old blog to here. As far as my other posts, I will be taking them and combining them into one, big post. 
  2. I used to call my random, non-book blogs Footnotes. Now I call them Off The Shelf (OTS), as in, topics not on the bookshelf.
  3. I got rid of the Booked Dates, another feature from my other blog. I felt that I didn't need to have a whole category designated only for blog posts on the holidays, so now they will be the same thing as OTSs. 
  4. I added a new feature! My newest book blogs will be featured  on the top part of my blog, right underneath the tabs (Home, About, etc). If you're interested in viewing my review for a book, you can click on the corresponding cover!
  5. A lot of the most necessary information can be found on the sidebars on either side. I hate adding pages, so you'll find that I put most of the important stuff on the left and the fun stuff on the right. 
  6. I'm still working on improving my blog, so you might see some changes!
I think that's all for now.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment