Thursday, September 5, 2013

Book Blog #58: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

Title: Between Shades of Gray
Author: Ruta Sepetys
# of Pages: 338 (paperback)
Genre: YA, Historical Fiction, War
Rating:  ★★★★☆
Synopsis: It's 1941 and fifteen-year-old artist Lina Vilkas is on Stalin's extermination list. Deported to a prison camp in Siberia, Lina fights for her life, fearless, risking everything to save her family. It's a long and harrowing journey and it is only their incredible strength, love, and hope that pull Lina and her family through each day. But will love be enough to keep them alive?

Review: If any of you are still wondering, this book is extremely depressing. But I guess that would be kind of obvious since it takes place during World War II.

I've got to stop reading these kind of books.

So, I didn't buy this book for the longest time. The reason: I thought it was a spin off of Fifty Shades of Gray. Trust me; it's not even close. This book reveals the horrors that people went through during this time period. For all of you morbid people, don't worry. There's plenty of detail.

I can't really say that I enjoyed this book. I was really sad most of the time. But it was well written. So if you want a happy read, look elsewhere! Otherwise, I defiantly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment