Sunday, September 15, 2013

Book Blog #61: Eagle Strike by Anthony Horowitz

Title: Eagle Strike
Author: Anthony Horowitz
# of Pages: 322 (paperback)
Genre: YA, Adventure, Action
Rating: ★★★★☆
Synopsis: Teen superspy Alex Rider has seen his share of criminal master-minds. But none like Sir Damian Cray, the most popular man on earth, who also happens to be a madman bent on destruction. Only Alex can stop his evil plan...but this time, Alex Rider is on his own.
Review: I always have enjoyed reading Alex Rider books. They're entertaining, and I find it refreshing to step away from the romance novels for once. But there's one tiny detail why it's one star less than perfect.

All of the books are the same.

Sure, Alex Rider is tossed into "different" situations, but the format is the same. He's doing whatever he usually does with his life, then suddenly has to go on some sort of mission. His given some gadgets and chases after the bad guy. He finds himself in a tricky situation in which the bad guys reveals his plans. At last minute, Alex saves the world and life goes on.

Sorry if I spoiled the book for you. But that's just how it is. The lack of a unique storyline really, really bugs me. However, I can't help but give it a high rating. I enjoyed reading it, so that's just how it turned out. I recommend it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment