Sunday, November 10, 2013

Book Blog #71: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Title: Insurgent
Author: Veronica Roth
# of Pages: 525 (ebook)
Genre: YA, Science Fiction, Dystopian
Rating: ★★★☆☆
Synopsis: Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Review:  There are two reviews below. The original was not written directly after reading, so it may not be accurate.

Original Review: January 16, 2013

I never liked sequels, so I think that's why I didn't enjoy this book very much. I read is book a while ago, but I remember being obsessed, just not as much.

Second Review - November 10, 2013

Well, it defiantly wasn't as good as Divergent. The plot was a bit all over the place, and the romance was really cheesy at times (to the point where I was cringing).  And it seemed more cliché than usual.


But it wasn't all bad. I was able to read it in two days, which is extremely fast for a five-hundred page book. The ending had a pretty awesome cliff-hanger too.

My recommendation? If you've already read the first one and you loved it, just finish off the series. Who knows, the last book might blow my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment