Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Book Blog #118: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Title: City of Lost Souls
Author: Cassandra Clare
# of Pages: 544 (paperback)
Genre: YA, Paranormal-romance, Fantasy
Rating: ★★★★☆
Synopsis: Jace is now a servant of evil, bound for all eternity to Sebastian. Only a small band of Shadowhunters believe he can be saved. To do this they must defy the Clave. And they must act without Clary. For Clary is playing a dangerous game utterly alone. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace's soul. Clary is willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost? What price is too high to pay, even for love?
Review: I have to give Clare a hand; this has to be my favorite book of The Mortal Instruments series so far.

I'm not exactly sure what was so great about it; whether it was because I didn't try as hard to look for mistakes or that it was because I wanted to enjoy it, but I just did.

I know in my review for the previous book, City of Fallen Angels, I complained about third-person point-of-view switching. However, I realized that this allowed Clary less time to annoy me (because trust me, I still found her annoying in CoLS) and more time for some of my favorite characters to shine.

I have decided that my top three favorite characters are Magnus, Simon (tying for the first and second position) and Isabelle. Along with Clare, one of my least favorites is Alec.



By this point, everyone reading the series should be fans and not haters, so to this crowd, I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment