Sunday, January 4, 2015

Book Blog #151: Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick

Title: Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Author: Matthew Quick
# of Pages: 273 (paperback)
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction
Rating: ★★★☆☆
Synopsis: In addition to the P-38, there are four gifts, one for each of my friends. I want to say good-bye to them properly. I want to give them each something to remember me by. To let them know I really cared about them and I'm sorry I couldn't be more than I was--that I couldn't stick around--and that what's going to happen today isn't their fault.

Today is Leonard Peacock's birthday. It is also the day he will kill his former best friend, and then himself, with his grandfather's P-38 pistol. Maybe one day he'll believe that being different is okay, important even. But not today.
Review: I can't say if my expectations for this book were met because I don't know what I was expecting.

If you couldn't tell by the synopsis, this is not a light-hearted book with a happy-ever-after ending. While this book is powerful emotionally, everything seems so over exaggerated for me. The futuristic chapters are out of place, although they may have flowed better with the rest of the books if they weren't so...dystopian.

Sometimes, this book reminded me of John Green's writing style; there'll be something so profound...that aspect of the book I love.

I don't think I'd ever read this book again. If you are interested in reading it, they do. But otherwise, it's no rush...

No comments:

Post a Comment