Sunday, May 24, 2015

Book Blog #161: Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Title: Into the Still Blue
Author: Veronica Rossi
# of Pages: 389 (paperback)
Genre:  YA, Romance, Fantasy
Rating: ★★★★☆
Synopsis: The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do—and they are just as determined to stay together.

Within the confines of a cave they're using as a makeshift refuge, they struggle to reconcile their people, Dwellers and Outsiders, who are united only in their hatred of their desperate situation. Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. Then Roar arrives in a grief-stricken fury, endangering all with his need for revenge.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble an unlikely team for an impossible rescue mission. Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival--he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.
Review:
"How much time is left, Soren?" Roar asked.
"When you asked me that five minutes ago, I guessed three hours."
"What's your guess now, Soren?"
"Two hours and fifty-five minutes, Roar."
Like I said in my Through the Ever Night review, you should definitely read this book immediately after the others. However, thanks to this list of Under the Never Sky character list, I was able to enjoy this book more than than second.

It's been almost two years since I read Under the Never Sky and over a year since I read Through the Ever Night. While I seemed to have some pretty strong feelings regarding Aria and Perry's relationship before, I think they were cute in this book.

Into the Still Blue is pretty enthralling and is a satisfactory ending for the trilogy. Some parts felt a bit drawn out (especially around the middle-ish hundred pages of the book). Otherwise, a very good read.

Soren is my favorite character because he's the **COMIC RELIEF** (unnecessary stars), and he made me smile!

Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment