Friday, December 19, 2014

Book Blog #146: I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

Title: I am the Messenger
Author: Markus Zusak
# of Pages: 360 (paperback)
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Mystery
Rating: ★★★☆☆
Synopsis: Ed Kennedy is an underage cabdriver without much of a future. He's pathetic at playing cards, hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey, and utterly devoted to his coffee-drinking dog, the Doorman. His life is one of peaceful routine and incompetence until he inadvertently stops a bank robbery.

That's when the first ace arrives in the mail.

That's when Ed becomes the messenger.

Chosen to care, he makes his way through town helping and hurting (when necessary) until only one question remains: Who's behind Ed's mission?
Review: I'm still confused.

I'm not exactly sure what I just read. The whole book seemed quite ridiculous. This guy thinks  he's a messenger and HAS to interfere with people's lives? How does he know this by receiving the ace in the mail?



I didn't enjoy this one as much as The Book Thief, but I do think you should give it a shot if you've read Zusak's books  before...

No comments:

Post a Comment