Friday, November 14, 2014

OTS #11: THE INSURGENT MAZE ST(mockingj)AY - End of the Year Books/Movies

Hey guys! It's been a while! There are a lot of big events occurring in the book and movie realm around now, and I have a lot I'd like to share! So mark your calenders; there's a lot of important dates coming up!

1. If I Stay on Blu Ray/DVD

If I Stay is going to be sold on DVD starting November 18, 2014! To be completely honest, I'm not THAT excited for the release date because (don't kill me) I'm not going to buy it.

If you've read my review for the book, then you'll know that I didn't enjoy it THAT much. It was a meh story in both the book and the movie (but the book was a bit better because I didn't particularly agree with the casting choices and their acting).



2. Maze Runner on Blu Ray/DVD 

I thought this movie was aMAZE-ing in theaters, so I'm super, super excited for it to come out on DVD! It comes out on December 16, 2014, which happens to be right before Christmas...no coincidence there. 

The film was pretty close to the book, as far as I can remember (although it's been FOREVER since I lasted picked up The Maze Runner). Sure, it's not exact, but we can't have our cake and eat it too (as the saying goes, although it really doesn't make any sense at all. What's the point in having a cake if you can't eat it? And is the opposite suppose to be true: you can't eat your cake and have it too? Because once you eat, I'm pretty sure it's yours...). 

3. Mockingjay Part 1 in Theater

THIS AMAZINGNESS IS COMING OUT ON NOVEMBER 21, 2014 HOW CAN I SURVIVE UNTIL THEN?!?! It's so close, yet so far away...I have to finish a whole bunch of other crap before it comes out or I'll feel guilty watching it. Boo work. 

The main thing I'm worried about is how crowded it's going to be at the theaters. Sure, it was pretty crowded on opening day (as in Friday, the actual opening day, not Thursday) for Hunger Games and Catching Fire, but the fan base is so much bigger now with those movies out and all the time people have had to read the books. 

Lorde has released on song on the Mockingjay soundtrack! The original version of Flicker is about and the Kayne West rework is below!


4. Insurgent Teaser Trailer

Although Insurgent won't be in theaters until March 20, 2015, a teaser trailer was released on November 11, 2014. 

I had been watching the trailer by myself, and  I noticed that the beginning part was really quiet. But then I jumped because I was totally not expecting what happened in the trailer to actually happen (sorry if that's confusing; I'm trying not to spoil the trailer). 

But what bugs me is that this scene isn't even in the book! Sure, I understand that they are going to be putting scenes in that are based off the book, but they spent SO MUCH time and effort with all  of the special effects on something that doesn't even seem that important...!

People also seem to be upset by her short hair...but it actually doesn't bother me that much. In fact, I think I might actually prefer it; it's not like I liked her hair that much before, and it's not the weird haircut she had when playing Hazel.

Judge it for yourself; here's the trailer:


That's it for now! Have a great day/weekend/life!

No comments:

Post a Comment