Monday, March 17, 2014

OTS #9: St. Patrick's Day 2014

Wow! I can't believe my favorite holiday is here again!

...not.

No offensive to anyone, but St. Patrick's Day seems like a pretty useless holiday to me. The only reason why I'm blogging about it is because I remember writing a blog post about it last year on my old blog. I had written what I though St.Patrick's Day was all about, and then I researched to see how far from the truth I was (and I was VERY far from the truth, if any of you were wondering). St. Patrick's Day is a religious holiday, and the guy called Patrick wasn't even Irish...jeez.

I only pinched one person this year, which is pretty disappointing. I remembered to wear green, thank goodness. As far as special events, there are these two mayors in New York who refused to march in St, Patrick's Day parades due to the parades' exclusion of LGBT groups.  Good for them!

In closing, here's a picture of people dying the Chicago River green; an annual tradition on St. Patrick's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment