Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Book Blog #106: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Author: J.K. Rowling
# of Pages: 870 (hardback)
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Adventure
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis: Harry Potter is due to start his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. His best friends Ron and Hermione have been very secretive all summer and he is desperate to get back to school and find out what has been going on. However, what Harry discovers is far more devastating than he could ever have expected...
Review: In case anyone didn't know, this book is the longest book in the series. It's also one of three Harry Potter books that I have in hardback.

It's hard to carry this thing around with me

It's so easy for me to slip into the world of Harry Potter; I laugh when it's funny and cry when it's sad. Rowling spent way too much time writing details on the beginning bit and that was really, really boring for me.

Harry has some major emotional problems, which is understandable; he's experienced a lot in his short fifteen years of his life. But that doesn't prevent me from thinking that he should just calm down. He throws a lot of tantrums throughout the book...I wish he'd handle frustrating situations a little bit better.

Still recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment