Thursday, April 24, 2014

Book Blog #108: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Author: J.K. Rowling
# of Pages: 759 (hardback)
Genre: YA, Adventure, Fantasy
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis: 'His hand closed automatically around the fake Horcrux, but in spite of everything, in spite of the dark and twisting path he saw stretching ahead for himself, in spite of the final meeting with Voldemort he knew must come, whether in a month, in a year, or in ten, he felt his heart lift at the thought that there was still one last golden day of peace left to enjoy with Ron and Hermione.' With these words "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" draws to a close. And here, in this seventh and final book, Harry discovers what fate truly has in store for him as he inexorably makes his way to that final meeting with Voldemort. In this thrilling climax to the phenomenally bestselling series, J.K. Rowling will reveal all to her eagerly waiting readers.
Review: This book, my friends, used to be my favorite book of all time. The book seemed to be spotless, the definition of perfection. It had amazed me so much that I was unable to read anything for two whole days (which is a really long time for me)!

But a second reading revealed that it is not as amazing as I once perceived it. In order to give this book a fair review, I took notes while I read. These notes will include spoilers (of course) and will make up most of my review.



Deathly Hallows is still a great book, although my perception of it's image is slightly degraded.  I am still willing to give it five star because of the emotional turmoil it was able to inflict on me, although not in the same way it did the first time.

And now, I have completed the Harry Potter series for the second and perhaps last time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment