Sunday, December 29, 2013

Book Blog #86: Flyte by Angie Sage

Title: Flyte
Author: Angie Sage
# of Pages: 521 (paperback)
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Adventure
Rating:★★★☆☆
Synopsis: It's been a year since septimus heap discovered his real family and true calling to be a wizard. As Apprentice to Extra Ordinary Wizard Marcia Overstrand, he is learning the fine arts of Conjurations, Charms, and other Magyk, while Jenna is adapting to life as the Princess and enjoying the freedom of the Castle.

But there is something sinister at work. Marcia is constantly trailed by a menacing Darke Shadow, and Septimus's brother Simon seems bent on a revenge no one understands. Why is the Darke Magyk still lingering?
Review: I'd first like to redirect you to my review of Sage's first book of the Septimus Heap series, Magyk. That review overall reflects how I felt about Flyte.

In this book, I was looking for improvement from the first. Unfortunately, it failed to impress me and was, at times, boring (thus why it took me a while to finish it). Of course, there were some humorous parts that amused me, but still did not boost Flyte's rating to four/five stars.



I am not sure whether I recommend this book. I know that I am going to continue to reread the whole series so I could read the last book, Flyte, but I probably wouldn't reread it again. If you thoroughly enjoyed Magyk, then, yes, read Flyte. But if not, I would be hesitant to read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment