Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Book Blog #87: You Have to Stop This by Pseudonymous Bosch

Title: You Have to Stop This
Author: Pseudonymous Bosch
# of Pages: 347 (paperback)
Genre: Middle Grade, Fantasy, Adventure
Rating: ★★★☆☆
Synopsis: I always feared this day would come. A secret is meant to stay secret, after all. And now we've come to this: the fifth and final (I swear!) book in my saga of secrets.

A class trip to the local natural history museum turns dangerous when Cass accidentally breaks a finger off a priceless mummy. This "crime" of vandalism leads her and her friends Max-Earnest and Yo-Yoji on an expedition into a land of majestic pyramids, dusty tombs, and the walking dead. Is it Egypt? Or somewhere much stranger...
Review: After all this time, the Secret Series has finally come to an end.

It's been a while since I read the first book, and I remember loving it. The book wasn't like most books; it's funny and ideal for those who usually don't like to read (I DO like to read). Bosch made an effort to connect with his audience, which, although is created for a younger age group, can be enjoyed by older audiences too.

You Have to Stop This didn't have quite as much Bosch (as in Bosch rambling about himself or chocolate, or something else that is completely unrelated to the plot) in it as I was hoping for, but was interesting nonetheless. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to understand what was going on since it has been a while since I read the fourth installment, but, surprisingly, I was able to understand and enjoy what was going on, picking up on the story as I read (although it wasn't too hard to figure out; the main goal is to find the Secret).

Overall, I found this book very satisfying. It's a very quick, fun, and intriguing read! I recommend it to all Secret Series lovers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment