Saturday, January 5, 2019

Book Blog #237: Diary of an AssCan by Andy Weir

Title: Diary of an AssCan: A Mark Watney Short Story
Author: Andy Weir
# of Pages: 4 (ebook)
Genre: Fiction, Science Fiction, Short Stories
Rating: ★★☆☆☆
Synopsis: This short story gives us a glimpse into Mark Watney’s world just before taking off on his mission for Mars. Read on for more from this exceptional character.
Review: Since I just finished reading The Martian, I was really excited to see there was a free prequel (read it yourself here: https://blog.whsmith.co.uk/andy-weir-the-short-story-prequel-to-the-martian/).

I knew it was going to be a short story, but I didn't realize it was going to be THIS short. Even when I saw that it was about 4 pages long, I was expecting a dense set of 4 pages containing the unknown part of Mark story leading up to his mission on Mars. However, these three short entries reveal nothing the reader doesn't already know.

It will literally take a couple minutes tops to read it, but there's pretty much nothing to this story. If you're interested, I'd say go for it because you're not wasting a lot of time. But afterward you'll understand that what is labelled as a short story is actually no story at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment