Thursday, June 27, 2019

Book Blog #245: First Term at Malory Towers by Enid Blyton

Title: First Term at Malory Towers
Author: Enid Blyton
# of Pages: 236 (ebook)
Genre: Childrens, Fiction
Rating: ★★☆☆☆
Synopsis: Darrell Rivers begins her happy life at Malory Towers two terms later than the other girls, but she soon makes firm friends with Sally, the steady one, and the adoring Mary Lou.
Review: I have no idea how this book ended up on my to-read shelf. Someone recommended it to me 6 years ago, but I can't remember who nor did I realize it was a children's book.

I can't imagine letting children read this book. It's about a bratty, clique-y group of girls in boarding school. Sure, there is some character growth, but the way many of these girls behaving is simply ridiculous. Some are violent, some like to exclude others, and all of them like to gang up on those who they don't like.

I would not recommend this book, especially not to impressionable young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment